Blood Spill Cleaning Services
Blood (or indeed any bodily fluid) is really difficult and sometimes dangerous to clean up. Bloodborne pathogens are transmittable microbes that are found in blood and can cause disease and/or infection. Pathogens to be wary of include: hepatitis B (HBV), hepatitis C (HCV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
Safety is at the forefront of everything that we do and in the case of blood spill cleaning is absolutely vital. Our highly trained technicians are available to help you through the whole process and will make certain that blood spills are dealt with effectively and professionally.
Our advice is to cal or email as soon as you can so we can assess your needs. We’re available when you need us. 24//7 and 365 days a year, on call when you need us. Don’t delay, please call us on 0333 7720638 and we’ll get things sorted out for you.
Bodily Fluid Clean Up
Bodily fluids such as faeces, urine, blood or vomit can all be potentially contaminated. Dealing with bodily fluids in a professional or domestic situation requires the taking of appropriate precautions. Using suitable PPE (personal protective equipment) and the correct cleaning equipment and materials is vital.
It stands to reason that objects and surfaces that have been contaminated with bodily fluids need to be cleaned up quickly and effectively. Whether your need for bodily fluid clean u is large or small, we are happy to help.
Prison Cell or Police Cell Deep Cleaning Services
It stands to reason that cells are used frequently and the occupants can turn over quite quickly. Occupants of prison cells can and in many instances are vulnerable to infection transmission and are often unwell themselves. It is absolutely vital that enclosed spaces are regularly and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between use and at appropriate times.
Our dedicated and professional cleaning team are available on a regular or ad-hoc basis as needed. Why don’t you call us for an informal discussion to see how we can help.
"Sharps" is a clinical term that generally refers to needles used in medical procedures such as suturing, injecting, etc. Other terms that people use include syringe or hypodermic needle disposal.
Whichever term is used, proper storage and disposal of potentially dangerous sharp objects is not only desirable, it is essential and also a legal obligation. Sharps bins are almost always yellow in colour and self-contained to avoid contamination. We offer a specialist sharps disposal service for organisations and individuals across the UK.
Passenger, Taxi or Commercial Vehicle Decontamination
There are multiple occasions when vehicles need to not only get cleaned but need to be professionally de-contaminated. Even in general use, nose bleeds and instances where people vomit need to be dealt with properly. Vehicles are notoriously difficult to clean and disinfect due in no small part to the multitude of small spaces and crevices into which fluids and contaminants can seep. In more serious circumstances, for example where road traffic accidents occur, blood, urine, faeces and other fluids can get released into the vehicle and need to be professionally and thoroughly cleaned.
We have trained our amazing team in vehicle cleaning and decontamination. Whatever your requirement, please email our dedicated team at: [email protected] or call 0333 7720638 for a free, no-obligation estimate and quote.
Bird Droppings Clean Up
Bird droppings are messy and potentially difficult to clean up. If left for a long time or if there are large amounts of bird droppings then damage and contamination can occur. Bird droppings (also called guano) are also corrosive and can cause significant damage to normally durable surfaces such as vehicle paint.
Nesting or roosting birds in warehouses or other large structures are a nuisance and also a health hazards. Birds, in common with every substantial living thing excrete waste and it needs to be dealt with. Bird droppings, if left unclean, will attract insects, microbes and bacteria which will multiply. Our experienced team are here to help. Please call [email protected] or call 0333 7720638 for a free, no-obligation estimate and quote for bird droppings clean up or removal.
How Do We Work?
Before we carry out any work
- We carry out a comprehensive risk assessment to effectively evaluate risks to people, property and the environment.
- After carrying out a risk assessment, we create a method statement. A method statement details exactly how we are going to carry out a task and details the steps that need to be taken to safely carry out the work. This could involve detailing the type of equipment we might be using, the PPE (personal protective equipment) that might be needed and the processes involved in actually carrying out the work.
- COSHH Risk Assessment. COSHH is short for control of substances hazardous to health. The COSHH risk assessment that we carry out is done to identify the risks involved with the materials that we are dealing with and also to understand the risks involved with using the chemicals that we decide to use.
- Creation of a Waste Transfer Note. A waste transfer note (WTN) is a document that details the transfer of waste from one person to another. We make certain that every load of waste that we receive on your behalf or that we pass to others is covered by a WTN. WTNs make certain that there is a clear audit trail from when the waste is produced until it is disposed of.
- PPE and RPE Training or Toolbox Talks. We make certain that all of our team know what and how to use their PPE (personal protective/protection equipment). This is done through Toolbox talks. Put simply, someone experienced and also qualified if necessary in the effective use of PPE demonstrates and explains exactly how to put on, wear and work in items of PPE. RPE (Respiratory Protection Equipment) such as breathing apparatus often needs specialist training or instruction in safe and effective useage and we also make certain that our team are fully equipped, trained and competent in the use of RPE at all times.
Risks and Dangers Associated with Bio Hazard Cleaning
When dealing with Biohazard cleaning situations then there are a wide range of risks and dangers that can be present. Examples include substantial danger of breathing difficulties due to particles in the atmosphere.
In addition, organic material presents a clear risk from slipping as does the possibility of trip hazards caused by falling ceilings, walls or other objects combined with a potential loss of visibility.
The chemicals that we use are all effective for the political micro control of:
A/H1N1 swine, P.aeruginosa, E.coli, S.aureus, Enterococcus hirae, Bacillus subtilis, MRSA, C.difficile, Mycobaclerium, Tuberculosis, MRSA, Medical Waste Treatment Aspergillus niger, Listeria, Salmonella and Legionella pneumophila. Feline Calicivirus (Human Norovirus surrogate), Feline Coronavirus (SARA surrogate), enveloped and non-enveloped virus, HIV and C.difficile.
Some of Our Accreditations and Standards
The ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) is the world’s most popular quality management standard, with over one million certified organisations in 180 countries worldwide.
ISO 14001 is an internationally agreed standard that sets out the requirements for an environmental management system. It helps organisations to improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste, gaining a competitive advantage and the trust of stakeholders.
ISO 45001 is the world's international standard for occupational health and safety, issued to protect employees and visitors from work-related accidents and diseases.
National Academy of Crime Scene Cleaners Accredited
As fully trained and insured members of the National Academy of Crime Scene Cleaners (www.nacsc.co.uk) as well as being fully licensed waste carriers, we are able to safely and effectively dispose of all biohazard waste. We are registered as an upper tier waste carrier with the Environment Agency
Safe Contractor Accredited
The SafeContractor scheme was created to showcase and ensure that a business places their employees' health and safety first. SafeContractor is an accreditation provided by Alcumus, who are a leading provider of risk management, certification and accreditation services with over 27,000 members.
Constructionline is a remote assessment of a company and that looks for the business to provide information about the company, directors, finances and areas of operation. In addition, Constructionline audits Health & Safety, equal opportunities and environmental management policies, procedures and standards.
Alcumus COVID-19 secure
We have been assessed by Alcumus regarding our COVID-19 cleaning standards. This shows and proves that we provide accurate and effective cleaning procedures for customers in order to eliminate the potential of Coronavirus transmission as well as reinstating a clean and hazard free environment when someone has tested positive with the virus.